Advantages of Metal Roofing
When it comes to roofing, there are several options from which you can choose. Metal roofing is one of the fastest growing segments of home improvement and there are several reasons behind its popularity.
Metal roofing offers several advantages and in this article you will get to know about the advantages of metal roofing.
Metals are widely known as a resilient material and a strong match for extreme weather conditions making them durable.
Metal roofing lasts anywhere from 40 to 70 years. So, if you’re looking for a durable material that lasts longer than metal roofing is the best option for you.
If metal roofs are installed correctly then they can sustain wind speeds of up to 140 miles per hour. Moreover, metal roofing does not need any periodic costly maintenance like all the other materials.
Another advantages of metal roofing is that they are energy efficient.
The roof is one of the part of home or building that is exposed to sunlight around the clock. So, making this part energy efficient is a critical factor.
Metal roofing reflects the ultra violet rays and infrared emitted from the sun that helps the metal roof surface to radiate heat which results in a 20 to 25% reduction in cooling cost.
When we evaluate a metal roofing’s energy efficiency also known as thermal performance, we use the following three terms:
- Thermal Resistance
Metal roofing is one of the most eco friendly solutions. Several metal roofs contain up to 40% recycled sheets that makes its content 100% recyclable.
Metal roofings also have higher rates of recyclability and reusability and they rarely become waste in a landfill.
Do you find yourself attending to your roof often? Does it need to be changed after every storm? If so, then metal roofs will give you more peace of mind considering they are rated to last longer than tiled roofs (if installed properly of course!).
Metal roofings are long lasting and this is the prime reason that people consider metal roofings.
In a survey, it was found that 26 percent of homeowners cited longevity as their primary reason for investing in metal and another 22 percent said they were swayed by its strength.
Metal roofings are fire resistant that makes them stand out among all the other materials. In some areas, people live with the danger of wind blown embers and fire resistance. For them, metal roofings are best option.
- Why is it Important to Maintain Your Roof Gutters?
- Roof Restoration – An Easy and Economical Process
- Roof Repair Jobs in Melbourne
- Advantages of Metal Roofing
- Qualities Of A Top Melbourne Roof Service Company
- History of Colorbond Roofing Steel
- 6 Benefits Of A Roof Restoration
- Popular Melbourne Roof Restoration Q&A’s
- How Much Is A Roof Repair Going To Cost You?
- Should You Call A Roof Plumber, Roof Contractor or a Roofer?
- Restore Or Replace Your Roof: Experts Advice
- Here’s Why You Should Replace Your Tiled Roof With Colorbond
- 5 Signs Of A Trusted Melbourne Roofing Contractor
- Gutter Replacement Cost 101
- Why Colorbond roofing is Australia’s premier steel?
- Things that impact the cost of a roof restoration
- Basic questions to ask a roof plumber during a roof inspection
- What You Need To Know About A Roof Restoration
- 4 Signs your roof needs a roof replacement
- (Updated 2021) Replace A Roof – 5 Popular Questions Answered
- Three Reasons to Replace Roof Tiles with Colorbond
- Where to go for the best roof restoration?
- Using a Roof Restoration to Improve Your Home’s Standing in the Real Estate Market
- How roof restoration companies in Melbourne distinguish between a roof restoration and replacement.
- Why Harley and Sons Is The Top Roofing Company In Melbourne
- Here’s why Colorbond Roofing is the top pick among homeowners
- Why Choose Boral Roofing?
- Roof Restorations in Western Melbourne
- Metal Roofs: Why Consider Them?
- The Importance Of Roofing in Melbourne
- Colorbond Roofing For Your Property
- Melbourne’s second-generation family roof restoration specialists
- Gutter Replacement Melbourne with Harley & Sons Roofing
- Everything to know about colorbond roofing