Gutter Replacement Melbourne with Harley & Sons Roofing
Is Melbourne’s crazy weather getting you down? Are you worried about massive amounts of rain damaging your property? Well informed homeowners know that good quality, properly functioning gutters are crucial to preventing rain damage. Is your home prepared for the rainy season? Have you checked your gutters lately? If not, what signs should you be on the lookout for, and when is a good time to get your gutters replaced? All these questions and more will be addressed further in this article.
Most people try not to think about their gutters until it is too late, and many people don’t want to go through a full gutter replacement. However, if left unchecked broken gutters can lead to serious damage to your home. Did you know that in the case of a flood in your home, insurance companies will reject claims if guttering has not met today’s compliance standards?
Gutters protect your home by diverting rainwater away from your home and towards storm drains. However, if your gutters fail, water seeps into your home’s structure where it can do damage. including the roof, walls, and even the foundation. Depending on the severity of the damage, repairs to these areas of the home can cost thousands of dollars. The good news is that most of this can be prevented by proper gutter maintenance and replacing your gutters when they are no longer serviceable.
While replacing gutters may seem like a hassle it is much better than dealing with severe damage later on due to negligence, and it is a lot cheaper. Harley & Sons Roofing is more than happy to help you through every step of the process and will ensure that your new gutters are installed efficiently and with the best customer service in the industry.
Table of Contents
Signs you need your gutters replaced
Most gutters have an expected lifespan of about twenty years. The exact number can vary based on the materials used. However, if your gutters are over twenty years old you should be looking at a gutter replacement.
A common misconception by some people is that if your gutters at any point in time overflow, then they are in need of being replaced. Now while overflowing gutters can signal a need to be replaced this comes with some qualifications. Firstly, during very heavy storms, even some of the best gutter systems might not be able to handle that volume of water. In fact, Victoria’s compliance regulations mean that new gutter systems installed today are designed to overflow externally to stop water from getting inside the eaves.
Another potential issue could simply be that the gutters could simply be clogged with leaves and other debris. It’s possible that you don’t need gutter replacement and instead simply need to just clean out the gutters that you already have. Be sure to routinely check your gutters for debris, especially if they are overflowing during a period of normal rainfall as opposed to a large storm. If you conduct a cleaning of your gutters and there still appears to be a drainage problem then that is the time to call professionals such as Harley & Sons Roofing to talk to you about potential solutions, including a gutter replacement.
Other things to look out for include discoloration or a sandpaper-like feeling on part of your gutter. This could indicate rust damage has occurred under the paint. If you spot this, then a gutter replacement should be a priority. The reasoning behind this is that rusted areas could turn into holes. Gutters with holes in them are ineffective and must be replaced. Also, be vigilant for loose or rusted fittings, sagging or bowing on part of the gutter or cracks anywhere along it. All of these are signs that your gutters could need replacement.
It is also important to check your gutters regularly, because the longer a damaged gutter is left in operation the more it gets damaged and this means you are exposing your home to more potential harm. A good idea to prevent the buildup of debris in your gutter is to install a screen or gutter guard as part of your new gutter replacement to prevent loose items like dirt and leaves from getting in there in the first place. It is also a good idea to properly maintain trees and other plants nearest the gutter to ensure they do not drop leaves or other debris into your gutter. Another rule of thumb is if your gutters are too damaged to be held up by nails or other fasteners then they need to be replaced.
So now what?
With this knowledge of how important your gutters are, take a proactive step in securing your property and don’t let that crazy weather get you down. Harley & Sons Roofing offer a free no no-obligation quote and give a full rundown with no surprises. Find out for yourself why we’re the roof plumber Melbourne experts in all things roofing.
Why should I consider gutter replacement?
Gutter replacement is essential to prevent water damage to your home’s foundation, walls, and landscaping. It ensures proper water drainage and prevents mould growth.
How often do gutters need to be replaced?
The lifespan of gutters varies depending on the material used and maintenance. On average, aluminium gutters last 20 years, while copper gutters can last up to 50 years.
How much does gutter replacement cost in Melbourne?
The cost of gutter replacement depends on factors like the size of your home, the type of materials chosen, and any additional features required for your specific needs. Contact us for a personalised quote.
- Signs You Need to Replace Your Gutters
- Roof Maintenance 101: What Maintenance Should Be Done on a Roof?
- Roof Restoration or Full Replacement: Making the Best Choice for Your Roof
- Roof Restoration – When to Restore Your Roof Rather than Replace
- How Long Does a Melbourne Roof Restoration Take?
- Metal Roofing Advantages And Disadvantages
- Understanding Commercial Roof Drainage Systems
- What Can You Call a Roof Plumber For? Understanding the Services Offered
- Why Replace Your Tiled Roof with Colorbond Roof in 2024: The Advantages for Homeowners
- Anatomy of a Roof Inspection in Melbourne: Ensuring the Integrity of Your Roof
- Metal Roof vs. Tiled Roof for Melbourne Homeowners: Making the Right Choice
- Licensed vs Non-Licensed Roofers in Melbourne: Understanding the Difference
- Laws and Regulations for Having Roofing Work Done to Your Melbourne Home
- Best Types of Guttering for Melbourne Homes
- Common Types of Roof Repair in Melbourne: Why Restoration or Replacement is Preferred
- Why Winter is the Best Time for a Roof Restoration in Melbourne
- Finding the Best Roof Plumber in Melbourne with Harley & Sons
- Exploring Colorbond Gutters for Your Home
- An Overview of the Roofing Industry in Australia
- Metal Roof vs Tiled Roof: Which One is Right for You? [The Big Debate]
- Factors Which Contribute to Hiring the Best Roofing Company
- Why Is It Best to Restore Rather Than Replace a Roof?
- Roof Company Near Me: Finding the Right Contractor for Your Roofing Needs [Updated: October 2023]
- The Key Components Of A Great Gutter Replacement
- Melbourne Roof Restoration In 2024
- Roof Restoration vs. Roof Replacement
- The Importance Of A New Roof For An Old House
- Benefits Of Installing A New Roof
- Why Colorbond Roofing Leads The Way In 2024
- How To Choose The Best Roof Installers
- Why is it Important to Maintain Your Roof Gutters?
- Roof Restoration – An Easy and Economical Process
- Roof Repair Jobs in Melbourne
- Advantages of Metal Roofing
- Qualities Of A Top Melbourne Roof Service Company
- History of Colorbond Roofing Steel
- 6 Benefits Of A Roof Restoration
- Popular Melbourne Roof Restoration Q&A’s
- How Much Is A Roof Repair Going To Cost You?
- Should You Call A Roof Plumber, Roof Contractor or a Roofer?
- Restore Or Replace Your Roof: Experts Advice
- Here’s Why You Should Replace Your Tiled Roof With Colorbond
- 5 Signs Of A Trusted Melbourne Roofing Contractor
- Gutter Replacement Cost 101
- Why Colorbond Roofing is Australia’s Premier Steel?
- Things That Impact the Cost of a Roof Restoration
- Basic Questions To Ask a Roof Plumber During a Roof Inspection
- What You Need To Know About A Roof Restoration
- 4 Signs Your Roof Needs a Roof Replacement
- Replace A Roof – 5 Popular Questions Answered – (Updated 2023)
- Three Reasons to Replace Roof Tiles with Colorbond
- Where To Go for The Best Roof Restoration?
- Using a Roof Restoration to Improve Your Home’s Standing in the Real Estate Market
- How Roof Restoration Companies in Melbourne Distinguish Between Roof Restoration and Replacement
- Here’s Why Colorbond Roofing is the Top Pick Among Homeowners
- Why Choose Boral Roofing?
- Roof Restorations in Western Melbourne
- Metal Roofs: Why Consider Them?
- The Importance Of Roofing in Melbourne
- Colorbond Roofing For Your Property
- Melbourne’s Second-generation Family Roof Restoration Specialists
- Gutter Replacement Melbourne with Harley & Sons Roofing
- Everything to Know About Colorbond Roofing