Gutter Replacement Melbourne with Harley & Sons Roofing
Is Melbourne’s crazy weather getting you down? Are you worried about massive amounts of rain damaging your property? Well informed homeowners know that good quality, properly functioning gutters are crucial to preventing rain damage. Is your home prepared for the rainy season? Have you checked your gutters lately? If not, what signs should you be on the lookout for, and when is a good time to get your gutters replaced? All these questions and more will be addressed further in this article.
Most people try not to think about their gutters until it is too late, and many people don’t want to go through a full gutter replacement. However, if left unchecked broken gutters can lead to serious damage to your home. Did you know that in the case of a flood in your home, insurance companies will reject claims if guttering has not met today’s compliance standards?
Gutters protect your home by diverting rainwater away from your home and towards storm drains. However, if your gutters fail, water seeps into your home’s structure where it can do damage. including the roof, walls, and even the foundation. Depending on the severity of the damage, repairs to these areas of the home can cost thousands of dollars. The good news is that most of this can be prevented by proper gutter maintenance and replacing your gutters when they are no longer serviceable.
While replacing gutters may seem like a hassle it is much better than dealing with severe damage later on due to negligence, and it is a lot cheaper. Harley & Sons Roofing is more than happy to help you through every step of the process and will ensure that your new gutters are installed efficiently and with the best customer service in the industry.
Signs you need your gutters replaced
Most gutters have an expected lifespan of about twenty years. The exact number can vary based on the materials used. However, if your gutters are over twenty years old you should be looking at a replacement. A common misconception by some people is that if your gutters at any point in time overflow, then they are in need of being replaced. Now while overflowing gutters can signal a need to be replaced this comes with some qualifications. Firstly, during very heavy storms, even some of the best gutter systems might not be able to handle that volume of water. In fact, Victoria’s compliance regulations mean that new gutter systems installed today are designed to overflow externally to stop water from getting inside the eaves. Another potential issue could simply be that the gutters could simply be clogged with leaves and other debris. It’s possible that you don’t need gutter replacement and instead simply need to just clean out the gutters that you already have. Be sure to routinely check your gutters for debris, especially if they are overflowing during a period of normal rainfall as opposed to a large storm. If you conduct a cleaning of your gutters and there still appears to be a drainage problem then that is the time to call professionals such as Harley & Sons Roofing to talk to you about potential solutions, including a gutter replacement.
Other things to look out for include discoloration or a sandpaper-like feeling on part of your gutter. This could indicate rust damage has occurred under the paint. If you spot this, then a gutter replacement should be a priority. The reasoning behind this is that rusted areas could turn into holes. Gutters with holes in them are ineffective and must be replaced. Also, be vigilant for loose or rusted fittings, sagging or bowing on part of the gutter or cracks anywhere along it. All of these are signs that your gutters could need replacement. It is also important to check your gutters regularly, because the longer a damaged gutter is left in operation the more it gets damaged and this means you are exposing your home to more potential harm. A good idea to prevent the buildup of debris in your gutter is to install a screen or gutter guard as part of your new gutter replacement to prevent loose items like dirt and leaves from getting in there in the first place. It is also a good idea to properly maintain trees and other plants nearest the gutter to ensure they do not drop leaves or other debris into your gutter. Another rule of thumb is if your gutters are too damaged to be held up by nails or other fasteners then they need to be replaced.
So now what?
With this knowledge of how important your gutters are, take a proactive step in securing your property and don’t let that crazy weather get you down. Harley & Sons Roofing offer a free no obligation quote and give a full rundown with no surprises. Find out for yourself why we’re the experts in all things roofing.
- Restore Or Replace Your Roof: Experts Advice
- Here’s Why You Should Replace Your Tiled Roof With Colorbond
- 5 Signs Of A Trusted Melbourne Roofing Contractor
- Gutter Replacement Cost 101
- Why Colorbond roofing is Australia’s premier steel?
- Things that impact the cost of a roof restoration
- Basic questions to ask a roof plumber during a roof inspection
- What You Need To Know About A Roof Restoration
- 4 Signs your roof needs a roof replacement
- (Updated 2021) Replace A Roof – 5 Popular Questions Answered
- Three Reasons to Replace Roof Tiles with Colorbond
- Where to go for the best roof restoration?
- Using a Roof Restoration to Improve Your Home’s Standing in the Real Estate Market
- How roof restoration companies in Melbourne distinguish between a roof restoration and replacement.
- Why Harley and Sons Is The Top Roofing Company In Melbourne
- Here’s why Colorbond Roofing is the top pick among homeowners
- Why Choose Boral Roofing?
- Roof Restorations in Western Melbourne
- Metal Roofs: Why Consider Them?
- The Importance Of Roofing in Melbourne
- Colorbond Roofing For Your Property
- Melbourne’s second-generation family roof restoration specialists
- Gutter Replacement Melbourne with Harley & Sons Roofing
- Everything to know about colorbond roofing