4 Signs Your Roof Needs a Roof Replacement
Table of Contents
The longer you hold it off, the worse it can become. In some cases you don’t realise your roof needs a roof replacement until it’s too late.
Yes a roof replacement isn’t the cheapest thing in the world but consider it an investment.
Your roof, afterall, keeps you protected from whatever mother nature has to throw at your house but also giving your roof a one-time over will add to your property’s value, almost immediately.
Some roof replacement signs aren’t easy to spot, here are some to watch out for:
1. Night has become day in some parts of your home
Although you’d think this is an easy spot, some people don’t realise this due to its gradual occurrence. Light seeping through your ceiling and/or roof can be something that has happened over time – weeks, months or even years – and as someone living in the house, it might not ring any alarm bells from the offset.
If light is peering through your ceiling or roof, it’s definitely a tell-sale sign of a roof replacement.
Sure, a roof restoration could help the problem(s) but from experience if considerable light is peering through then whole sections should be replaced as opposed to restored. Better yet, replace the whole roof.
2. Damp, Mould, Leaks, Paint Discoloration
All of the above are more obvious signs to replace your roof. The extent of which would determine whether it’s an urgent issue or not.
Paint discoloration could occur over time and change the colour of the walls gradually, meaning you won’t find out about it until it’s already at a latter stage.
All of which could happen inside and outside of the home so it’s essential to keep an eye out from time to time.
3. Your house has seen better days
If you’ve just bought a new house which is a bit of a do-er-upper, then you should keep the roof in mind when you look to renovate the property.
If the house looks worse for wear then it’s most likely the roof does too.
A roof replacement would be advisable especially if you’re looking to get building work done to the property.
Not to mention, the storms and bad weather which hits Melbourne homes on a regular basis – your roof may survive them without any tell-tale signs but you might not be so lucky with the next storm.
4. Your house is due a roof replacement
For those Victorian or Edwardian homes, time maybe up for the roofs on those properties.
Roof restorations are great and will last a very long time, but a roof replacement is always the better option in terms of what you get in return.
With advances in technology – either tiled or metal – getting a full-on roof replacement now is a very wise decision.
Modern day roofing materials are more durable then ever. They also are more energy efficient – blocking out thermal energy better than ever too.
Some are also maintenance-free (Colorbond metal roofing) meaning you don’t have to inspect your roof every time a storm hits or inspect whether any pieces have fallen off.
In some cases it all boils down to how a roof is installed, which is why Harley & Sons offer lengthy workmanship guarantees to backup the quality of our work.
What should you do if you’re unsure?
Book in a roof inspection and tell them everything you’re noticing about your roof including any events which may have triggered certain events.
The licensed roof plumber will most likely notice all the issues you’ll mention and provide you with the best plan of action.
The normal chain of thought is have your roof repaired if it doesn’t need a restoration, have your roof restored if it doesn’t need a replacement and have it your roof replaced if a restoration won’t cut it.
Of course this is always on a case to case basis and if you’re encountering any of the issues above then it’s best to get it attended to ASAP.
Can I repair my roof instead of replacing it?
In some cases, minor repairs can prolong the lifespan of your roof. However, if multiple areas are damaged, or the overall condition is poor, a replacement may be more cost-effective in the long run.
How long does a roof replacement typically take?
The duration depends on various factors, such as the size of your roof and weather conditions. On average, it may take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks to complete a full roof replacement.
Will replacing my roof increases the value of my home?
Yes, a new roof can significantly increase the value and curb appeal of your home. Potential buyers often view it as an attractive feature that provides peace of mind, knowing they won’t have to worry about immediate roofing expenses.
- Roof Maintenance 101: What Maintenance Should Be Done on a Roof?
- Roof Restoration or Full Replacement: Making the Best Choice for Your Roof
- Roof Restoration – When to Restore Your Roof Rather than Replace
- How Long Does a Melbourne Roof Restoration Take?
- Metal Roofing Advantages And Disadvantages
- Understanding Commercial Roof Drainage Systems
- What Can You Call a Roof Plumber For? Understanding the Services Offered
- Why Replace Your Tiled Roof with Colorbond Roof in 2024: The Advantages for Homeowners
- Anatomy of a Roof Inspection in Melbourne: Ensuring the Integrity of Your Roof
- Metal Roof vs. Tiled Roof for Melbourne Homeowners: Making the Right Choice
- Licensed vs Non-Licensed Roofers in Melbourne: Understanding the Difference
- Laws and Regulations for Having Roofing Work Done to Your Melbourne Home
- Best Types of Guttering for Melbourne Homes
- Common Types of Roof Repair in Melbourne: Why Restoration or Replacement is Preferred
- Why Winter is the Best Time for a Roof Restoration in Melbourne
- Finding the Best Roof Plumber in Melbourne with Harley & Sons
- Exploring Colorbond Gutters for Your Home
- An Overview of the Roofing Industry in Australia
- Metal Roof vs Tiled Roof: Which One is Right for You? [The Big Debate]
- Factors Which Contribute to Hiring the Best Roofing Company
- Why Is It Best to Restore Rather Than Replace a Roof?
- Roof Company Near Me: Finding the Right Contractor for Your Roofing Needs [Updated: October 2023]
- The Key Components Of A Great Gutter Replacement
- Melbourne Roof Restoration In 2024
- Roof Restoration vs. Roof Replacement
- The Importance Of A New Roof For An Old House
- Benefits Of Installing A New Roof
- Why Colorbond Roofing Leads The Way In 2024
- How To Choose The Best Roof Installers
- Why is it Important to Maintain Your Roof Gutters?
- Roof Restoration – An Easy and Economical Process
- Roof Repair Jobs in Melbourne
- Advantages of Metal Roofing
- Qualities Of A Top Melbourne Roof Service Company
- History of Colorbond Roofing Steel
- 6 Benefits Of A Roof Restoration
- Popular Melbourne Roof Restoration Q&A’s
- How Much Is A Roof Repair Going To Cost You?
- Should You Call A Roof Plumber, Roof Contractor or a Roofer?
- Restore Or Replace Your Roof: Experts Advice
- Here’s Why You Should Replace Your Tiled Roof With Colorbond
- 5 Signs Of A Trusted Melbourne Roofing Contractor
- Gutter Replacement Cost 101
- Why Colorbond Roofing is Australia’s Premier Steel?
- Things That Impact the Cost of a Roof Restoration
- Basic Questions To Ask a Roof Plumber During a Roof Inspection
- What You Need To Know About A Roof Restoration
- 4 Signs Your Roof Needs a Roof Replacement
- Replace A Roof – 5 Popular Questions Answered – (Updated 2023)
- Three Reasons to Replace Roof Tiles with Colorbond
- Where To Go for The Best Roof Restoration?
- Using a Roof Restoration to Improve Your Home’s Standing in the Real Estate Market
- How Roof Restoration Companies in Melbourne Distinguish Between Roof Restoration and Replacement
- Here’s Why Colorbond Roofing is the Top Pick Among Homeowners
- Why Choose Boral Roofing?
- Roof Restorations in Western Melbourne
- Metal Roofs: Why Consider Them?
- The Importance Of Roofing in Melbourne
- Colorbond Roofing For Your Property
- Melbourne’s Second-generation Family Roof Restoration Specialists
- Gutter Replacement Melbourne with Harley & Sons Roofing
- Everything to Know About Colorbond Roofing