4 Signs your roof needs a roof replacement
The longer you hold it off, the worse it can become. In some cases you don’t realise your roof needs a roof replacement until it’s too late.
Yes a roof replacement isn’t the cheapest thing in the world but consider it an investment.
Your roof, afterall, keeps you protected from whatever mother nature has to throw at your house but also giving your roof a one-time over will add to your property’s value, almost immediately.
Some roof replacement signs aren’t easy to spot, here are some to watch out for:
1. Night has become day in some parts of your home
Although you’d think this is an easy spot, some people don’t realise this due to its gradual occurrence. Light seeping through your ceiling and/or roof can be something that has happened over time – weeks, months or even years – and as someone living in the house, it might not ring any alarm bells from the offset.
If light is peering through your ceiling or roof, it’s definitely a tell-sale sign of a roof replacement.
Sure, a roof restoration could help the problem(s) but from experience if considerable light is peering through then whole sections should be replaced as opposed to restored. Better yet, replace the whole roof.
2. Damp, Mould, Leaks, Paint Discoloration
All of the above are more obvious signs to replace your roof. The extent of which would determine whether it’s an urgent issue or not.
Paint discoloration could occur over time and change the colour of the walls gradually, meaning you won’t find out about it until it’s already at a latter stage.
All of which could happen inside and outside of the home so it’s essential to keep an eye out from time to time.
3. Your house has seen better days
If you’ve just bought a new house which is a bit of a do-er-upper, then you should keep the roof in mind when you look to renovate the property.
If the house looks worse for wear then it’s most likely the roof does too.
A roof replacement would be advisable especially if you’re looking to get building work done to the property.
Not to mention, the storms and bad weather which hits Melbourne homes on a regular basis – your roof may survive them without any tell-tale signs but you might not be so lucky with the next storm.
4. Your house is due a roof replacement
For those Victorian or Edwardian homes, time maybe up for the roofs on those properties.
Roof restorations are great and will last a very long time, but a roof replacement is always the better option in terms of what you get in return.
With advances in technology – either tiled or metal – getting a full-on roof replacement now is a very wise decision.
Modern day roofing materials are more durable then ever. They also are more energy efficient – blocking out thermal energy better than ever too.
Some are also maintenance-free (Colorbond metal roofing) meaning you don’t have to inspect your roof every time a storm hits or inspect whether any pieces have fallen off.
In some cases it all boils down to how a roof is installed, which is why Harley & Sons offer lengthy workmanship guarantees to backup the quality of our work.
What should you do if you’re unsure?
Book in a roof inspection and tell them everything you’re noticing about your roof including any events which may have triggered certain events.
The licensed roof plumber will most likely notice all the issues you’ll mention and provide you with the best plan of action.
The normal chain of thought is have your roof repaired if it doesn’t need a restoration, have your roof restored if it doesn’t need a replacement and have it your roof replaced if a restoration won’t cut it.
Of course this is always on a case to case basis and if you’re encountering any of the issues above then it’s best to get it attended to ASAP.
- Things that impact the cost of a roof restoration
- Basic questions to ask a roof plumber during a roof inspection
- What You Need To Know About A Roof Restoration
- 4 Signs your roof needs a roof replacement
- (Updated 2021) Replace A Roof – 5 Popular Questions Answered
- Three Reasons to Replace Roof Tiles with Colorbond
- Where to go for the best roof restoration?
- Using a Roof Restoration to Improve Your Home’s Standing in the Real Estate Market
- How roof restoration companies in Melbourne distinguish between a roof restoration and replacement.
- Why Harley and Sons Is The Top Roofing Company In Melbourne
- Here’s why Colorbond Roofing is the top pick among homeowners
- Why Choose Boral Roofing?
- Roof Restorations in Western Melbourne
- Metal Roofs: Why Consider Them?
- The Importance Of Roofing in Melbourne
- Colorbond Roofing For Your Property
- Melbourne’s second-generation family roof restoration specialists
- Gutter Replacement Melbourne with Harley & Sons Roofing
- Everything to know about colorbond roofing