Here’s why Colorbond Roofing is the top pick among homeowners
When choosing a roof for your home, you’ll most likely be faced with a choice between the two most popular Australian roofing methods – traditional concrete tiles or Colorbond roofing.
While concrete tiles have been used throughout Australia for over seventy-five years and remain the first choice for many homeowners, installation of Colorbond roofs has significantly increased in recent years. Concrete tiles and Colorbond both have their merits, and although sometimes it just comes down to personal preferences, it’s important to understand the qualities of both materials in order to make an informed decision suitable for your home.
There’s no doubt that concrete tile roofs continue to be popular and cost-effective way of recreating the appearance of more expensive terracotta tiles. Colorbond roofs are characterised by their clean lines, providing a crisp modern look. They also comes in wide range of colours, suiting all kinds of locations and taste so aesthetically speaking, it’s all down to personal preferences.
One of the major advantages of using Colorbond over concrete tiles is the difference in weight as Colorbond is extremely lightweight. If you’re considering adding a traditional Australian verandah to your property, it’s advised that you choose Colorbond roofing as it’s suitable for use with flat roofs, minor pitches and steep pitches. Colorbond can withstand pretty much anything the Australian weather can throw at it, and its non-combustible; you’ll also find that Colorbond has exceptional thermal insulation qualities.
Colorbond roofing has gained popularity and risen to be the top roofing option for most Australian homes because it not only offers long-lasting protection from the elements but also keeps the value of your home. To top things off, Colorbond Roofing has a 20 year manufacturers warranty on materials and our very own 6 year workmanship warranty, guaranteed.
Weight & Elements
One of the most distinctive features of Colorbond is its weight. The super lightweight feature of Colorbond roofing makes the installation faster and more cost-effective. Unlike other materials, it does not change weight in wet conditions. It’s also made to endure strong winds and reflect heat/UV making it very energy efficient.
While other materials might absorb some rainwater and become heavier, water runs right off Colorbond roofs. Colorbond roofing has a unique five-layer design which keeps it looking good as new for much longer. These layers ensure deep and long-lasting protection against corrosive agents, especially from acid rain and torrential downpours. Colorbond has a unique five-layer design consisting of a steel based which is manufactured to Australian standards, a bluescope metallic coating, a pre-treatment for better coatings, a corrosion-inhibiting primer and a top coat with reflective technology.
When you choose roofing materials, you make a wise investment decision on your home because they are clearly built to last as Colorbond roofs are easy to maintain. In most cases, all you need to do is a little washing, at least every six months – with fresh water – giving you the peace of mind of having to carry out minimal maintenance on your roof.
Curb appeal is definitely something people characterise Colorbond roofs with, having a more modern look which can even add to the value of a property. With so many great designer colours to choose from, a new Colorbond roof will enhance the beauty of every home style and Harley & Sons Roofing is Melbourne’s leading installer of Colorbond metal roofs.
Harley and Sons is Melbourne’s trusted local roofing specialist and the family alone collectively has more than 75+ years’ experience in Colorbond and Tile Roofing, Guttering, Fascia and Leaf Guard Protection. Urgent Repairs is also something Harley and Sons can take care of – get an obligation free inspection now by calling 1300 4 HARLEY or sending us a message using the form below.
- Restore Or Replace Your Roof: Experts Advice
- Here’s Why You Should Replace Your Tiled Roof With Colorbond
- 5 Signs Of A Trusted Melbourne Roofing Contractor
- Gutter Replacement Cost 101
- Why Colorbond roofing is Australia’s premier steel?
- Things that impact the cost of a roof restoration
- Basic questions to ask a roof plumber during a roof inspection
- What You Need To Know About A Roof Restoration
- 4 Signs your roof needs a roof replacement
- (Updated 2021) Replace A Roof – 5 Popular Questions Answered
- Three Reasons to Replace Roof Tiles with Colorbond
- Where to go for the best roof restoration?
- Using a Roof Restoration to Improve Your Home’s Standing in the Real Estate Market
- How roof restoration companies in Melbourne distinguish between a roof restoration and replacement.
- Why Harley and Sons Is The Top Roofing Company In Melbourne
- Here’s why Colorbond Roofing is the top pick among homeowners
- Why Choose Boral Roofing?
- Roof Restorations in Western Melbourne
- Metal Roofs: Why Consider Them?
- The Importance Of Roofing in Melbourne
- Colorbond Roofing For Your Property
- Melbourne’s second-generation family roof restoration specialists
- Gutter Replacement Melbourne with Harley & Sons Roofing
- Everything to know about colorbond roofing