Three Reasons to Replace Roof Tiles with Colorbond
Table of Contents
Not that there’s anything wrong with tiled roofs of course! But Colorbond metal roofs are on another level. Let’s get straight onto it.
The Colorbond (often misspelled as colour bond) trend has indeed taken off in recent years. With residential homes and commercial properties alike switching to Colorbond, it’s easy to wonder why so many people see the advantages of this new material.
Metal roofs certainly have their flaws, and the right roof for you depends greatly on your circumstances. A quick comparison, however, shows clearly why some have chosen to replace tiles with colour bonded steel.
Colorbond Is Reliable and Resilient
Colorbond roofing is a modern alternative to the cement tiles or more expensive terracotta roofing that cover many Australian homes. With heavy rains, harsh winds, and intense heat, Australian weather has many ways to try a roof.
The durability of your roofing material is one of the most important factors to consider when replacing a roof.
Unlike tiles, Colorbond steel is resistant to cracking and imperfections and requires little to no maintenance to preserve its structural integrity and look.
It’s reliable under harsh weather conditions and is also a capable insulating material. When it comes to heat, the materials used are also resistant to fire and combustion.
Colorbond Is Good For The Environment
Another benefit of the insulation that comes with a correctly installed Colorbond roof is the reduced energy use for heating and cooling. In addition to saving you energy costs, Colorbond roofing is 100% recyclable and non-toxic.
These environmentally friendly materials used by Harley and Sons Roofing makes Colorbond preferable to many of the modern alternatives on the market.
Even the lightweight design that makes this roofing so sleek and contemporary makes it more energy efficient to ship and cuts down on wear on the supporting house structure.
Colorbond Is Light And Bright
The light look is good for flexibility too. Colorbond roofing can be designed to fit a variety of architectural styles and needs. The sturdy material makes it easy to conform to different roofs.
The most prominent limitation is pitch. A roof with a significant angle might lead to leaking or other issues. For most layouts, however, it’s an efficient and customisable solution.
Perhaps the best feature of Colorbond roofing, however, is right in the name. The ability to mix and match vibrant and lasting colours is a unique feature of Colorbond.
If you want to open your roofing project to more colour possibilities, Colorbond is an excellent choice for you. It’s not as classic as original tiles might look, but this sleeker modern design is a trend for a reason.
… Colorbond Is A Great Investment
OK, we said three reasons but we can’t miss out on the fact that it provides you with great ROI – not the $$$ kind but more of all of the above + a 20-year manufacturers warranty + being maintenance free.
It’ll definitely set you back a bit more upfront but it’s something you can leave and not worry about for years to come.
Thinking of upgrading your roof to Colorbond?
Speak to one of our sales advisors now on 1300 442 7539 or 03 9111 3848.
Or if you fancy a call back, fill out our contact us form and we’ll give you a call at a time convenient for you. (Alternatively, there’s a form at the bottom of this page).
Does Colorbond roofing require regular painting or repainting?
One of the advantages of Colorbond roofing is that it does not require regular painting or repainting like traditional metal roofs. The colour is bonded to the metal during manufacturing, ensuring long-lasting vibrancy.
Is it possible to install solar panels on a Colorbond roof?
Absolutely! A Colorbond roof provides an excellent base for installing solar panels as it is compatible with various installation methods without compromising its structural integrity.
What about noise insulation? Will a Colorbond roof be noisier during heavy rain or hailstorms?
Contrary to popular belief, a properly installed and insulated Colorbond roof can provide comparable noise insulation to other types of roofing materials. Additionally, its durability ensures better protection against hailstones compared to fragile tiles.
- Signs You Need to Replace Your Gutters
- Roof Maintenance 101: What Maintenance Should Be Done on a Roof?
- Roof Restoration or Full Replacement: Making the Best Choice for Your Roof
- Roof Restoration – When to Restore Your Roof Rather than Replace
- How Long Does a Melbourne Roof Restoration Take?
- Metal Roofing Advantages And Disadvantages
- Understanding Commercial Roof Drainage Systems
- What Can You Call a Roof Plumber For? Understanding the Services Offered
- Why Replace Your Tiled Roof with Colorbond Roof in 2024: The Advantages for Homeowners
- Anatomy of a Roof Inspection in Melbourne: Ensuring the Integrity of Your Roof
- Metal Roof vs. Tiled Roof for Melbourne Homeowners: Making the Right Choice
- Licensed vs Non-Licensed Roofers in Melbourne: Understanding the Difference
- Laws and Regulations for Having Roofing Work Done to Your Melbourne Home
- Best Types of Guttering for Melbourne Homes
- Common Types of Roof Repair in Melbourne: Why Restoration or Replacement is Preferred
- Why Winter is the Best Time for a Roof Restoration in Melbourne
- Finding the Best Roof Plumber in Melbourne with Harley & Sons
- Exploring Colorbond Gutters for Your Home
- An Overview of the Roofing Industry in Australia
- Metal Roof vs Tiled Roof: Which One is Right for You? [The Big Debate]
- Factors Which Contribute to Hiring the Best Roofing Company
- Why Is It Best to Restore Rather Than Replace a Roof?
- Roof Company Near Me: Finding the Right Contractor for Your Roofing Needs [Updated: October 2023]
- The Key Components Of A Great Gutter Replacement
- Melbourne Roof Restoration In 2024
- Roof Restoration vs. Roof Replacement
- The Importance Of A New Roof For An Old House
- Benefits Of Installing A New Roof
- Why Colorbond Roofing Leads The Way In 2024
- How To Choose The Best Roof Installers
- Why is it Important to Maintain Your Roof Gutters?
- Roof Restoration – An Easy and Economical Process
- Roof Repair Jobs in Melbourne
- Advantages of Metal Roofing
- Qualities Of A Top Melbourne Roof Service Company
- History of Colorbond Roofing Steel
- 6 Benefits Of A Roof Restoration
- Popular Melbourne Roof Restoration Q&A’s
- How Much Is A Roof Repair Going To Cost You?
- Should You Call A Roof Plumber, Roof Contractor or a Roofer?
- Restore Or Replace Your Roof: Experts Advice
- Here’s Why You Should Replace Your Tiled Roof With Colorbond
- 5 Signs Of A Trusted Melbourne Roofing Contractor
- Gutter Replacement Cost 101
- Why Colorbond Roofing is Australia’s Premier Steel?
- Things That Impact the Cost of a Roof Restoration
- Basic Questions To Ask a Roof Plumber During a Roof Inspection
- What You Need To Know About A Roof Restoration
- 4 Signs Your Roof Needs a Roof Replacement
- Replace A Roof – 5 Popular Questions Answered – (Updated 2023)
- Three Reasons to Replace Roof Tiles with Colorbond
- Where To Go for The Best Roof Restoration?
- Using a Roof Restoration to Improve Your Home’s Standing in the Real Estate Market
- How Roof Restoration Companies in Melbourne Distinguish Between Roof Restoration and Replacement
- Here’s Why Colorbond Roofing is the Top Pick Among Homeowners
- Why Choose Boral Roofing?
- Roof Restorations in Western Melbourne
- Metal Roofs: Why Consider Them?
- The Importance Of Roofing in Melbourne
- Colorbond Roofing For Your Property
- Melbourne’s Second-generation Family Roof Restoration Specialists
- Gutter Replacement Melbourne with Harley & Sons Roofing
- Everything to Know About Colorbond Roofing