How roof restoration companies in Melbourne distinguish between a roof restoration and replacement.
A roof restoration and a renovation can be mistaken for one another or even thought of as the same process.
Technically speaking, they’re different especially for a roof restoration company and it’s vital to determine which one is the correct diagnosis for your needs.
A restoration is simply bringing the roof back to its former glory or back to its original condition. With a roof renovation you are bringing the roof up to date and this is usually associated with making it look and feel more modern.
A roof replacement (or a re-roof), as the name suggests, is the process of replacing the old roof with a new one. Out with the old and in with the new. A slightly more straightforward process than a restoration or a renovation.
This is usually the cheapest of the three options as it doesn’t involve huge costs in the materials side of things. After a thorough roof inspection is carried out, the problematic areas are determined and a plan of action is brought to the table.
If the roof is a candidate for a restoration instead of a renovation or replacement, resurfacing is usually carried out to increase its longevity. The roof needs to be in good condition and have only minor issues – no huge leaks or cracks.
A roof which is a candidate for a restoration is usually an older roof or one that has had its fair share of wear and tear. From a roof plumbers point of view, it’s also a job which can be carried out in a shorter period of time and without being too much trouble to the occupants or its neighbours!
A renovation will be the choice of action for more reasons than a roof restoration. Aside from the obvious reason of improving/upgrading the roofing material/structure, there are also some reasons which both the customer and roof company will want to go with a renovation.
Conversion/Development Of Property
A renovation is most definitely needed when a property undergoes an extension or conversion, especially when there wasn’t any form of a roof there in the first place.
Technically, if the house is getting a remodel or renovation, the roof should follow suit too. In some cases it’s possible for a house to undergo a renovation and have the roof restored instead of renovated. It’ll always be a case to case basis with the roof inspection proving to be pivotal.
A combination of age and weather is what a lot of people cite as their reasons to renovate their roofs. For some, a restoration or straight replacement simply won’t cut it. With better quality alternatives on the market such as Colorbond metal roofs and Boral tiles, upgrading and renovating a roof makes more sense than a restore.
For some it’s not about the poor condition of the roof but more about offering better advantages than their current roof. Take Colorbond roofs for example, which are thermally efficient roofing materials – letting in less heat into the property while cooling down faster at night, making it a more energy efficient alternative.
At the end of the day, it all boils down to the roof inspection. Be prepared to hear different outcomes from different roof restoration companies and ensure that companies are compliant with Victorian standards and are licensed.
Here at Harley and Sons Roofing, we offer generous guarantees and warranties of up to 20-years on materials and 6-years for workmanship.
Get an obligation free quote now and we’ll guarantee the perfect job!
Harley and Sons Roofing is Melbourne’s trusted local roofing specialist and the family alone has collectively more than 75+ years’ experience in Colorbond and Tile Roofing, Guttering, Fascia and Leaf Guard Protection. Urgent Repairs is also something Harley and Sons can take care of – get an obligation free inspection now by calling 1300 4 HARLEY or sending us a message using the form below.
- Restore Or Replace Your Roof: Experts Advice
- Here’s Why You Should Replace Your Tiled Roof With Colorbond
- 5 Signs Of A Trusted Melbourne Roofing Contractor
- Gutter Replacement Cost 101
- Why Colorbond roofing is Australia’s premier steel?
- Things that impact the cost of a roof restoration
- Basic questions to ask a roof plumber during a roof inspection
- What You Need To Know About A Roof Restoration
- 4 Signs your roof needs a roof replacement
- (Updated 2021) Replace A Roof – 5 Popular Questions Answered
- Three Reasons to Replace Roof Tiles with Colorbond
- Where to go for the best roof restoration?
- Using a Roof Restoration to Improve Your Home’s Standing in the Real Estate Market
- How roof restoration companies in Melbourne distinguish between a roof restoration and replacement.
- Why Harley and Sons Is The Top Roofing Company In Melbourne
- Here’s why Colorbond Roofing is the top pick among homeowners
- Why Choose Boral Roofing?
- Roof Restorations in Western Melbourne
- Metal Roofs: Why Consider Them?
- The Importance Of Roofing in Melbourne
- Colorbond Roofing For Your Property
- Melbourne’s second-generation family roof restoration specialists
- Gutter Replacement Melbourne with Harley & Sons Roofing
- Everything to know about colorbond roofing